Our Favorite Articles
- Slaying the Open Water Swim Dragon. Again.
- 8 Tips for a Successful Cold Water Triathlon
- Preventing Foot Cramps in Triathlete Swimmers
- Activation, Dynamic, and Static Stretching Drills for Triathlete Swimmers
- What Should I Buy: A Road Bike or Tri Bike?
- A Triathlete’s Guide to Buying a Bike in Phoenix
- What Cycling Shoe & Pedal Combo is Best for Me?
- Maximizing Speed & Safety During the Urban Triathlon Bike Leg
- The Final Word on Indoor Cycling…Maybe
- Our Guide to Purchasing a Bike Trainer
- Bicycle and Health Insurance for Triathletes
- Two Free Run Workouts
- Free Plan for 19 Week Marathon Training Program
- GPS Sports Watch Versus Endomondo
Nutrition & Training
- When Should I Hire a Coach?
- How to Maximize Your Fitness Gains During the Summer
- What Should I Be Doing During Taper?
- 6 Keys to Racing at Altitude
- Why are Some Athletes Prone to Injury
- Triathlon for Working Around Chronic Injuries
- Sleep: The Most Important Component in Your Endurance Training
- So You’ve Completed an Ironman … Now What?
- Don’t Turn Your Spouse into an Ironman Widow
- Bird’s Eye Look at IMAZ Transition Area
- Transition Bag Setup
- 8 Things to Consider When Signing Up for an Ironman
Mental Skills Training
McMillan Running offers a free pace calculator that lets you see what your predicted time is for a given race distance based on other race distances you’ve completed. It also gives you ranges for your training runs.
Triathlon Pace Calculator lets you determine for finishing time for different length races by easily plugging in values for each of the 3 sports and your transitions. Does all the standard distance races or custom length. Note: click on the “switch to imperial” link in the upper right hand corner to see it in yards and miles.
The Pacing Project offers course profiles for well know marathons and per mile pace recommendations for a given goal time.
Click above for a list of all the upcoming multisport races in the Phoenix area.
Free Training Plans
- Free 19 Week Marathon Training Plan for Time-Crunched Runners
- Free 15 Week Sprint Pool Triathlon for First Timers
- Arizona Lap Pools
- Map of Phoenix Area Bike Paths
- A Guide to Arizona Bike Safety and Laws
- Tempe Town Lake Water Temperature
- Corporate and Group Seminars
- Timex to Garmin File Converter (For use with Strava)
- Half Ironman Statistical Comparison
- Wetsuit Fit FAQ
- Upcoming USAT Sanctioned Races
- Recalled Products affecting Triathletes