Our philosophy is to fully support our triathletes and get them every piece of knowledge and the foundation they need to make them successful at their races and fitness goals. In addition to years of coaching and racing experience, we have trained and raced while having full time jobs and a family. We know the challenges and flexibility required to juggle life and training. Programs are completely customized for each athlete based on their experience, needs, and goals. We take a long view on our athlete’s fitness careers, from individual races to season planning, to multi-year fitness goals including adequate rest and recovery to prevent burn-out. Our training plans provide exactly the training you need to reach the start line healthy, fully prepared for your race, and ready to hit the goals you’ve set.
When you choose us for your coaching, you start with an initial consultation from which we build your yearly planner. We want to get to know our athletes. This includes season training plan discussion, race selection, and a general framework for your race season. We provide a recommendation of all services you’ll need to reach your goal. Services are a la carte, meaning you only pay for ones you select at the time you use them.
Each 4 week training program includes:
- 4 weeks of workouts for either triathletes, swimmers, runners, or duathletes.
- Unlimited interaction with your coaches via IM, text, email, and phone.
- Daily response to your questions
- Daily feedback on your workouts
- Weekly, if not daily, changes to your Training Plan, when required
- A premium Training Peaks account
Initial Consultation includes:
- Review of your Athlete Questionnaire with race recommendations
- Your Athlete Yearly Planner includes a general framework for your races, rest weeks, recovery
- Stretching, core, and resistance training protocols
- For athletes without heart rate monitors, Explanation of Perceived Effort
- A recommendation of what coaching services you’ll need to reach your racing or fitness goal
- Initial consultation is free for athletes who purchase 12 weeks of training (so three 4 week training programs)
Ongoing Services FREE with a Training Plan Include:
- Lactate Threshold Testing in each of the three disciplines (swim, bike, run), usually every 12 weeks. This is a practical, inexpensive, in-field accurate test for endurance athletes to help them determine their training zones. Avoid expensive, inapplicable, and inaccurate lab testing and remove the guess work from how hard or easy you should be training while having a measurable way to see your progress.
- Group clinics consisting of hands-on, interactive coaching on transition drills, bike handling, open water swims, and bike change drills.
- Group seminars including a wide variety of multisport topics including equipment selection, threshold testing, season planning, and race day nutrition.
- Discount codes to races, local stores, and sponsors.
- Tent with refreshments, support, and photos at selected local races
What our athletes are saying…
“Although there were some really tough days (long rides in the heat, speed drills in the pool, and 1 min running sprint drills as examples), I didn’t feel as though I was doing nothing but training – yet, I’ve gotten in great shape and was ready to compete and the race was enjoyable. By the time I’d started feeling like I’d been training, it was time for my goal race and I was ready. Keeping the workouts and rest weeks reasonable and easy to manage. I’ve told my friends they have the time to train for a half-Ironman and work full time and take care of their kids. You make these goals achievable without feeling like you’re forfeiting the rest of your life. The coaching and products from WannaTri gave me exactly what I needed to be able to complete a half Ironman. A really nice bi-product from all the training is how good of shape I’m in right now and the fact my long term blood sugar numbers were finally in target because I’d been exercising so much. The positive feedback on the workouts is wonderful! There were days I felt like I’d barely gotten it done, but you found ways to help me understand my data and give me encouragement. I especially liked the note: ‘I’d never have you do something you aren’t capable of doing’.” – LM
“Wanna Tri is a coaching company that understands the working professional that wants to get the best performance possible out of what can be a limited availability of training time. They cater each program specific to the athlete, accommodating goals, schedules, and realistic abilities and expectations. They don’t simply throw a blanket program over all of their athletes.” -JE
“Both of you are lifelong athletes and have both done the IM several times – giving me the ‘been there, done that’ knowledge and confidence. You cover and coach all the disciplines. I do not have to go to someone else – who doesn’t know me or my goals – for swim lessons or run analysis. You’re very friendly, down-to-earth, and open to all levels of athlete. You recognize the time limitations of working professionals. Very aware of proper build-up and volume to avoid over-training or training injuries. Individual plans customized to the athlete and the goal. You go beyond just the ‘schedule’ with things like the OWS and transition clinics. The price was right.” -BAM
“Fantastic! I’m very happy with the results — no injuries at all, and improving every week. When you look back and you compare what you have improved in that period of time you get more reasons to keep going. WannaTri are professionals more than anything, very friendly with an excellent attitude. They solve all my doubts, they encourage me to keep going, and work with me side by side, no matter the distance between us. I have been working out for more than a year nonstop and I don’t feel tired or bored.” -JCM
“The most important benefit of WannaTri’s honest, attentive, and supportive coaching was overcoming my self-inflicted limitations. I was the only person telling me “I can’t”, so now I know what I can actually accomplish with the right direction and support. WannaTri is the perfect fit for anyone who wants to get active, but isn’t sure where to start.” -MD