For anyone looking for one last local race of the season prior to the temperatures increasing, we’re putting together some relay teams for Tempe International on May 18th, 2014. If you’re not already signed up for this event, here’s your chance to enjoy the fun of relay competition. This race includes a shaded transition area. Coach Seth and Coach Sarah will be part of a relay this year same as we were last year. The relay teams all start at the same time so last year when we participated with other relay teams we knew, it was an absolute blast.
Here’s how it works:
- The relays will all be for the international distance, so that’s a 1500m swim, a 25 mile bike ride, and a 6.2 mile (10k) run.
- Send us your name and what leg or legs you’re interested in doing by midnight on Thursday, May 8th 2014.
- If you already have another person in mind, let us know their name too so we make sure you end up on the same relay.
- We’ll get everybody we can assigned to a relay on Friday, May 9th and email you with the contact information of your relay members.
- You then need to designate who is registering in your group and register for the relay. (Prices go up May 10th).
- Tell us the team name you registered with then we’ll see you on race day.
Relays are a chance for every body to race, to meet new people, and have fun so no matter your speed, throw your hat in the ring and take this opportunity to get out there! Your soon-to-be teammates will be very grateful for the chance to share in this fun day!